Spain introduces fast-track visas for professionals in the audiovisual sector

Spain introduces fast-track visas for professionals in the audiovisual sector

As followers of Costaluz Lawyers will know, the Spanish visa process for third-party nationals can be onerous. As instigators of petitions for simplified procedures, we therefore welcome the news that Spain has introduced fast-track visas for professionals in the audiovisual sector.

The move is designed to promote the Spain Audiovisual Hub programme. It also aims to facilitate audiovisual activities both for foreign companies wishing to work in Spain and for Spanish companies looking to hire foreign professionals.

The new-style visa has three options, with each dependent on how long the audiovisual professional wishes to stay in Spain.

Wider definition of audiovisual professional

As well as streamlining and simplifying the visa process (see below), the latest government initiative widens the definition of audiovisual. The label now encompasses all the professionals in the sector including those behind the scenes such as a choreographers and producers.

Audiovisual also includes creatives from the digital sector in aspects such as software development, videogames, eSports, multimedia and immersive experiences.

Audiovisual professional staying for up to 90 days

If you work in the audiovisual sector and plan to stay in Spain for up to 90 days in any 180 days, you no longer need a visa. You also do not have to apply for a work permit. This exemption applies to you if you come from a visa-exempt country (the list includes the UK).

Audiovisual professional staying for up to 180 days

If your stay in Spain is going to last longer than 90 days but less than 180 days, you only need to acquire a visa. The visa allows you to stay and work as an audiovisual professional in Spain with no other requirements.

This fast-track visa option also allows for an extension for audiovisual professionals whose plans change. So, for example, if you originally planned to stay in Spain for up to 90 days but wish to stay longer, you have the possibility of requesting authorisation to stay for up to 180 days.

Audiovisual professional staying for over 180 days

For professionals who wish to live and work in the audiovisual sector for over 180 days, the government has introduced a specific residence permit. This option requires no other permissions such as a work permit.

Stay with direct relatives

In addition, audiovisual professionals may now stay in Spain with their direct relatives, a move welcomed by many artists.

Underage professionals

The new simplified visa procedures have also facilitated paperwork for artists and professionals under 18. They may now be accompanied by the parents or guardians.

Help with visa applications

Visa applications are always easier and more successful if you use professional help when you apply. Get in touch with our expert team to get your Spanish visa easily and stress-free.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top