Hiring staff for your Spanish company
Ensuring you comply with Spanish law when hiring staff is one of the most complex aspects of running a Spanish company. The good news is that at Costaluz Lawyers, we can provide you with all the services you need and at all stages of an employee’s time with your company.
Get in touch for more information, or fill in the form below.
Spanish Social Security system
- Registering your employees with the system.
- Registering employees for special regimes within the system, such as self-employed individuals.
- Assessing and setting up special agreements.
- Managing your Social Security registrations, including changing staff information if required.
- Ensuring your Social Security registrations are up-to-date and compliant with the law.
- Applying for debt postponement.
- Drafting employment contracts for new employees and renewal contracts with existing employees.
- Managing contract duration and changes in current contracts.
- Calculating your company payroll and producing salary slips.
- Managing payment of employees.
- Creating and managing lists of transfers to credit institutions.
- Processing contributions to Social Security through the electronic direct settlement system.
- Managing and submitting staff income tax contributions.
- Processing all paperwork for sick leave (medical certificates, payments and extensions).
- Processing all paperwork for accidents in the workplace (assessment, monitoring and reporting).
- Drafting certificates for employees applying for benefits such as maternity leave and temporary disability.
- Advising on types of residence and work permits that best suit the employee.
- Processing visas and residence and work permits for employees on the company’s behalf.
If you like the sound of a professional taking care of all matters concerning the employees at your company, contact us now for a free no-obligation chat.
Further reading and useful resources
Read about setting up a branch in Spain
Learn more about company accounts