- Why us?
- Together with the property purchase itself, we can help you with associated matters such as:
- After sales full free legal support for ONE YEAR (not including disputes assistance or Litigation)
- Is it necessary to hire a local lawyer?
- How do you calculate fees for conveyancing?
- Taxes and expenses when selling property in Spain
- We challenged and changed the way conveyancing lawyers for foreign clients worked in Spain. We lead the whole process: no agents, developers, banks will provide you with totally independent advice
- We offer a 30 year guarantee for the legal work provided to you.
- We also have an unbeatable passion for customer care, which has been proven over the years. Costaluz Lawyers are recommended by the British Embassy and by the British Consulates in Spain. We are also included in the Irish list
- Our property purchase and relocation service offers you individual services like, checking a Nota Simple or a Deposit Contract or full packages at excellent prices.
- All packages have a post-sale service of ONE YEAR which includes out of Court negotiations in any dispute (not Litigation)
Together with the property purchase itself, we can help you with associated matters such as:
- Mortgage selection and review
- Property insurances
- Property quality survey
- Utilities transfer and connection
After sales full free legal support for ONE YEAR (not including disputes assistance or Litigation)
Is it necessary to hire a local lawyer?
We provide our services nationwide by online/electronic means as that has proven for us and our clients to be the best option in terms of strengthening independence from agents, developers and banks.
We strive for a conveyancing system in Spain where the lawyer leads the whole process. There is no other way for this to be balanced and the results to be 100% safe for clients.
How do you calculate fees for conveyancing?
We offer a standard price for our conveyancing work regardless the price of the property. The value of the property does not influence the price of our work.
Taxes and expenses when selling property in Spain
The buyer needs to pay 3% of property price into the Local Tax Office (using model 211). After sending a copy of this payment to the seller, this can claim any excess within 3 months, using model 212 before Local Tax Office.
(Local Capital Gains Tax) named in Spanish: Impuesto sobre el Incremento del Valor de los Terrenos de Naturaleza Urbana is a municipal tax on the increase in the value of the urban land since the last recorded transfer
The tax obliged is the buyer.
Taxable amount or based is obtained by applying a rate, different for each municipality, to the value of the property at the time of the transfer, the number of years that the previous owner had the house is also taken into consideration. The more years the less tax burden.
There is a tax relief if you reinvest money from the sale of an urban house into another main address, the relief will consider the amount of reinvested money.
It must be paid within 30 days from the signature of the sales deed, or within 6 months in case of inheritance.
Notary and Registry expenses:
Unless agreed differently. Notary costs are to be paid by seller but one copy of the deeds which will be paid by the buyer. Buyer will pay Registry expenses